Doctor-recommended Skin Medica's Retinol Complex .05 ($78) utilizes an encapsulated blend of retinol and antioxidants to effectively target fine lines and uneven texture and tone. It is also available shipped directly to you via our Skin Medica store.
Retinol and retinoids, what's are they and what is the difference? I cam across this great article in New Beauty and thought I'd share some of what I learned. Retinols and retinoids use retinoic acid to communicate with our skin's cells. Basically, this acid helps our skin's cells to behave like a healthy, younger skin cell. Retinoids being stronger than over the counter retinols.
Retinoids such as Retin-A are the prescription strength version and are recommended for chronic acne and or anti-aging. They are stronger and produce results more quickly than retinols and are not available over the counter. They must be provided by a location with a Medical Director such as a Dermatologist or Medspa.
Key Benefits of Retinols + Retinoids
01. They increase cell turnover
02. They boost collagen to smooth wrinkles
03. They prevent and treat acne
01. Ease In: The ingredients can make the skin dry. Start using it 2 or 3 times a week and when the skin gets used to it increase to 7 times per week, preferably over night.
02. Layer It In: Mix it with a moisturizer or hyaluronic acid to provide a bit of a buffer for the skin.
03. Avoid using any product that could further irritate the skin when using a Retinoid. Vitamin C during the day and the retinol at night is a suggestion that was made in the article.